Sunday, January 3, 2010

Year in Review

I've seen some other blogs do this year in review and I thought it was a good idea. That way in the future I can always remember what happened during 2009.

JANUARY: The first of the year brought the start of my surgery rotation. It was a fairly uneventful month...we watched the Ravens lose to the Steelers in the AFC championship game.

FEBRUARY: Another month of surgery to endure. However I gave Zach the best Valentines Day present. It is called supercar sensation and we flew down to Charlotte and he got to drive 3 top end sports cars for 4 hours around the back roads of Charlotte. We had a ton of fun and hope to do it again someday. We spent the night at the Ballentyne resort as part of the package. Zach also submitted his rank list for Neurosurgery and the wait began.

MARCH: Match day came and went...disappointment at not matching into Neurosurgery for Zach was followed by excitement that he did match into General Surgery at the University of Maryland...which meant he would stay in Baltimore with me! I finished up my surgery rotation and to celebrate that feat along with Zach matching we took a spur of the moment cruise to Mexico. It was 5 days of much needed sun and relaxation.

APRIL: On the 5th of this month my great friends Brit and Ry had their precious boy, Harper. He came early but was healthy and strong! All our close friends meet in NYC to celebrate his birth and a belated baby shower. At the end of this month Zach and I flew to Vegas for my cousins graduation and to hang out with my side of the family. We had a great time and didn't lose too much money! From their Zach and I drove to St. George, Utah to stay at his parents cabin and we hiked Zion's national park. (Oh and Zach graduated medical school this month!!!)

MAY: Zach and I spent the month of May in Utah. I did 4 weeks of a family practice rotation and Zach worked on restoring his brother's house. It was a really fun month getting to spend it with his family that we don't see often. We camped with his best friend and his family in Moab and hiked through Arches National park. We also celebrated Zach's 30th birthday with good friends!!

JUNE: This was most definitely the greatest month of the year! On the first of this month, I completed my board exam and we got engaged!!!!! It was amazing and wonderful and I still get excited thinking about that night. Zach bought us our pride and joy, Mosley and we have loved every minute of our time with our new pup! A couple days after the big engagement we flew to Charlotte to see my brother graduate high school and then headed off on an Alaskan cruise!!! The best part of all was that Kendra and Tobin were able to come back from Australia for the cruise! Beautiful and fabulous....I would highly recommend this to any cruise lover!

JULY: I celebrated my 27th birthday in NYC. I had moved there at the end of June to do my Pediatric and OB/Gyn rotation. I lived with Brit and Ryan and Harper and it was wonderful. My birthday was spent with great friends out in NYC including dinner and chocolate fondue! This was also the month that Zach started residency and his life was officially over.... (I kid, but not really :(

AUGUST: Still living in NYC with my surrogate family and starting OB...I finally figured out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life! It was a great realization and one I can't believe didn't dawn on me earlier....

SEPTEMBER: Wedding planning continues including dress shopping at Kleinfelds!!!! I found the dress of my dreams and also moved back to Baltimore. I was sad to leave my great friends but very grateful for their hospitality and also extremely happy to be back with Zach and Mos. I finished studying for the 2nd part of my boards and took those on the 24th. Zach and I also applied for residency at the beginning of the month.

OCTOBER: I started my Dermatology rotation and waited for emails to come in with interview requests. It was a fairly uneventful month....I did fly to Charleston for my brother's football game and to see him at The Citadel.

NOVEMBER: Zach had his transplant rotation so we didn't see a whole lot of each other but we did go to Morgantown, WV together for our 1st interview. It went extremely well and is still near the top of the list for potential places. Zach had to work for Thanksgiving so I flew to Charlotte and spent it with my mom and Steve and grandparents.

DECEMBER: The holiday season started with me in an ER rotation and Zach doing Neurosurgery. We got our Christmas tree up and then Mosley proceeded to eat 1/2 of the ornaments. We also both went on more interviews. Christmas was spent in Baltimore with each other. All of last week and New Years we were in Charlotte! It was a great trip and Mos was spoiled rotten by his grandparents!

I know that 2010 is going to bring changes and adventures and surprises and I can't wait....a wedding, finding out where we will be the next 5 years, a move, starting residency....and those are only the things I know about!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You packed a lot of adventure and experiences into 12 months...and there's more to come. Love ya...Dad

Britt said...

loved reading this :) ps..i secretly stalk you on here

brit