Friday, January 29, 2010

So Proud


So many of you know that my brother is a freshman at The Citadel and he played football this fall. Well his original reason for going to The Citadel was due to a track scholarship and track season started last weekend. He ran in a relay last weekend and they came in 4th and tonight he ran his first solo race and was 3rd in his heat! He is doing so well and adjusting to "real" running. See...he ran his first race EVER at the end of April of his senior year. Baseball season ended abruptly early when his team didn't make the playoffs so he decided to run track for the last 3 meets of the season....well we always knew he was fast but this just proved it! He broke the school record in the 200 and 100 sprints and earned himself a scholarship! However, now that he is at the collegiate level he is having to learn all the true techniques such as starting out of the block and pacing himself. I am super proud of him and can't wait to get to a track meet! I absolutely LOVE going to track meets! I ran in middle school and my freshman year of college before I moved to Georgia and I have so many fond memories. The track meets have so much energy and are so fun! It is an amazing feeling to be running on the track and have everyone cheering for you. I know that Danny feels the same way.....

I am so looking forward to this weekend! I just finished neurology and now only have 7 weeks left of medical school!!!! I had my last interview this weekend at East Carolina and it is very near the top of my list! I loved the residents and faculty and would love to live back down south!! They even had sweet tea for lunch!

Zach is on call once again tonight so it's just Mos and I....he has an inservice exam tomorrow so he wont' be home until the afternoon. I'm sure he will be exhausted and we'll spend the rest of the day lounging...especially since it's supposed to be 20 degrees!

Sunday we really are truly going to try to see Avatar...we have talked about it the last 3 weekends....it's also restaurant week in Baltimore so we'll try to take advantage of that!

No comments: