Monday, November 10, 2008

Ugh Psych :(

Zach's parents house

The apple orchard lined driveway...this was last Xmas that is why there is so much snow


Started my Psychiatry rotation today....it's definitely not my favorite so far! Unfortunately I'm in the long term ward meaning the patients I will be seeing have been there for a long time with not much of a chance of leaving.....i.e. pretty hopeless! This is the part I hate about Psych....you're not really helping these patients, you're just adjusting their meds to make them "less crazy." I'll try to be open minded and reevaluate in 6 weeks....

I spent last week in Utah and it was beautiful and wonderful like always! I really love it out there and it gives the south a run for it's money when it comes to settling down one day. Zach's parents live on this 10 acre apple orchard and it's so much fun to be outside! We spent most of Saturday morning driving the John Deere bulldozer around taking out dead apple tree stumps! So fun :) I flew back to Baltimore late Sunday night and started Psych today, and since I work at a state Psych hospital and tomorrow is Veterans Day....I have the day off!!

I also bought a ticket today to go to Iowa for Thanksgiving. Since I'm not going for Christmas this year and I have Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving I thought I would use the opportunity to go see my family.
Zach also got a couple more interviews last week...yay!! One at George Washington in DC and the other at LSU. I'm so proud of him!!!





No comments: