Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back to the Grind

I got back from Iowa late last night and had a really great time with my family the last 3 days. I flew in early Thursday morning and drove up with dad and Maria to my aunt and uncles remarriage ceremony....to each other. It was a sweet ceremony and then we all gathered to eat and socialize! I love being able to sit around and talk to my cousins and aunts and uncles that I don't get to see very often. I got to play with all the new babies and my cousin Janae announced that she and her husband are expecting their second little one in June! Congratulations!!!

Friday Dad and I drove back up north and visited with my grandma some more. The lady amazes me more and more everytime I spend time with her. She has been through so much in her life and she is the strongest woman I know! It is joy to talk with her and she is cognitively aware and still very astute. She still watches the same gameshows and television "stories" that she watched 20 years ago when she baby-sat me....it's nice to know that some things never change. She truely is remarkable and I love to spend time with her. Then we drove down to the meteropolis of Bellevue and spent some time with my aunt Sharon and uncle Paul. As always, we had great conversation and even got to talk to my cousin and his wife on the webcam!

Now it's back to Psych tomorrow :( Only 3 weeks left of that nonsense and an added bonus is that Zach comes home this week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was nice having you back for Thanksgiving, Krystal. We're all proud of you and admire your career aspirations and commitment. Hang in there.

Dad