Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving thanks (a little early)

I have much to be thankful for in my life. I have an amazing family, a fantastic boyfriend and am following a career path that I love (well except for the Psych part right now). I am lucky enough to have Thursday and Friday off this week and for the first time in 2 years will have a "real" American Thanksgiving again since I was on the island the last couple of years. It will also be my first Thanksgiving back in Iowa since we moved 12 YEARS AGO! That to me is craziness! I am very much looking forward to going back and seeing everyone and to celebrate a wonderful day with my aunt and uncle.

Going back to Iowa is always special. There is very large part of me that still considers it "home." It is where I grew up, where my family still lives, and where most of my values and morals were established. Right in the middle of the Heartland. I have moved around and traveled a good bit the last few years and I wouldn't trade any of that, but sometimes it's nice to go back to the small town pace of LaMotte Iowa and reconnecting with my family.

The support of my family is tremendous and there is no way that I would be where I am today if it wasn't for them. I have been allowed to grow and learn and discover on my own, and it has been wonderful and fulfilling and the greatest part is that it isn't over yet! My future is bright and I am incredibly blessed with an amazing man by my side and a career that I love already!

So this Thanksgiving I give thanks for my past, my present and my future. And thank everyone along the way who have held my hand, lifted me up and given me support!

I love ya'll!

No comments: