Monday, October 13, 2008

From the Land of Oz!

Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile...Kendra and I have been exploring and relaxing.  Australia is really great and we have been having a great time!  

The flight over here wasn't so bad.  I took one Ambien after we left San Francisco and slept for 7 hours which was still only half the flight but it was nice to be knocked out for that long.  The rest of the flight I just dozed in and and out and before I knew it we landed in Sydney.  From Sydney I caught a flight to Brisbane where Kendra and her friend (boyfriend?) Tobain were waiting for me!!  It was really wonderful to see Kendra and we chatted the whole way back to Gold Coast where they live.  We rented a condo on the beach for 5 days from Tobian's friend and enjoyed being lazy and reading and of course putting a puzzle together :)  

We went to a wildlife sanctuary on Sunday and saw all these animals that are native to Australia....koalas, kangaroos, dingos, wombats and other crazy stuff.  It was a really neat place and we were able to pet and play with some of the animals.  I've got lots of pictures that I'll have to post when I get back to the US and can download them.  

Anyway...it's off to SeaWorld today!  

Love from down under!

1 comment:

PT said...

Hi Krystal,

Jan just forwarded your blog address. I did not receive your original--probably because my address was recently change to paultill@ivuenet.com. Great idea to blog your travels and experiences. What part of Vermont were you in? We traveled through Burlington, Montpelier and Stowe area a few weeks ago. The colors were just beginning to wake up.

Keep Kendra on the straight and narrow. Any plans on going over to Uluru?

Love to both of you,

Paul and Sharon