Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back in the Good "Ole US of A!!

Sorry it has been so long ya'll! I am finally back in the US after a wonderful adventure down under. Kendra and I had an amazing time together and she is doing so well and really loving her new life over there. She lives in the Gold Coast area which is about an hour south of Brisbane. It is right on the ocean and really beautiful! We spent lots of time being lazy and eating! However, I must say, the food in Australia is no bueno! It really is bland and boring and VERY expensive (as it seems everything there is). The weather didn't really cooperate the first week I was there, it is spring over there and it was rainy and cool for a few days (not good beach weather), but this past weekend was wonderful and Kendra and I took full advantage!

I played rugby one night with this league that she plays on...what a tough sport! We had a lot of fun though but I'm too competitive to play a sport where I don't really know the rules! I'm not good at not knowing what I'm doing.

I'm surprised how different Australia was from the US. It is slightly stuck in a time warp and I feel like it's not quite Europe and not quite the US, so it kind of gets lost in the shuffle down there by itself! Things are done differently over there and I felt like sometimes the only commonality between here and there was that both countries speak English! And even that was debateable at times based on some of the words they use!

The only thing that went wrong the whole trip was on my way home. I had a flight from Brisbane to Sydney and then from Sydney to San Francisco. My flight from Brisbane was late so I missed my flight to San Fran and thus I was stuck in Sydney for the night. Not a big deal...just delayed my return to Charlotte. But I made it home safely last night and tonight I'm headed to Danny's football game. I haven't seen him play since his freshman year so I am really excited. He was named in the paper today as the Offense and Special Teams player of the week from last week's game. He ran two kickoffs back, each one over 95 yards! His team is terrible this year but he is playing really well and truly enjoying his senior year.

Zach also found out yesterday that he got another interview, this on at the University of Mississippi! Go Baker!!!

No comments: