Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Foliage


Wow...the fall in Vermont is unreal!! I have to say that is a must see if you have any appreciation for the autumn and the turning of the leaves. This place is in the fall is truly unbelieveable. The colors are so vibrant, the sky is bright blue, the clouds are lazy white puffs floating in the sky and the temperature is a chilly but nice 55 degrees. I have some pictures that I will try to figure out how to post on here. We took a ski lift chair up to the top of the mountain and the scenery on the way up and down in really breathtaking. I had an amazing time seeing the kids again and spending time with Claudia and Eugene. Jonas is still my little love. He is so full of sweetness and innocence and love. And Anna has grown up so much but is still her lovable and inquisitive self. We spent Saturday afternoon and evening at the house. Claudia threw Eugene a birthday party and I got to see a few people that I haven't seen in a couple years. We had a big fire and made smores and lit off these really cool sky laterns. They were like hot air balloons. You lite a fire underneath the paper balloon and it floats off into the sky and you can see it for miles. Really cool...google them! On Sunday we did the chair lift and then spent some time at the theater that they own. Good times with great friends. Today Claudia and I took a hike up one of the mountains and it was gorgeous. Then we headed to Burlington and spent the afternoon browsing the city. I forgot what an eclectic, interesting place Vermont is....it is unlike any place I have ever been. It was great to come back and in some ways I feel like I have never left. My living here 2 years ago was a very significant time and I cherish it daily.
I am currently sitting in the Burlington airport awaiting my flight to Charlotte. I'll be there for about 18 hours and then it is off to Australia!!! I will definitely try to post more when I am over there....can't wait to see you Kendra!!!! Get the sunscreen and beach chairs ready....I'm coming to town!!!

No comments: