Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

We had a really nice, relaxing Vday weekend here in Baltimore...first off IT DIDN"T SNOW! We are still recovering from the 50 inches we got in 5 days!!! Zach had to work Friday night so I spent it catching up on my DVR'd shows that he refuses to watch....Biggest Loser, The Bachelor, Gulianna and Bill and Keeping Up with the Kardashians...trash I know, but I love them! And as much as I miss Zach when he is on call....I love the peaceful nights with just Mosley and I and trash TV!

This year we decided not to do presents because of the wedding and wanting to save money for Italy but I still wanted to do something small, so I went to Target Friday after work and picked up a card and some small things to put in a gift bag. On Saturday I got an email from our apartment building saying that we had a package. I assumed it was my mom's Valentine's day package but low and behold it was this vase of beautiful flowers!!! And he got them in purple
(one of our wedding colors).


He was asleep when I went downstairs and picked them up so I brought them into our room when I got back and he woke up and said "Carnations?! Why did they put carnations in there?" See I despise carnations and he knows that so he purposely picked out the arrangement online that didn't have roses or carnations in it (pretty hard to do on Vday) and low and behold there were 3 dark pink carnations in the bouquet....oh well I still loved them!!!

Instead of going out to dinner by ourselves Saturday night we met his brother and sister in law and their 3 kids for sushi. They had come up from Annapolis to stay the night at a hotel in Baltimore. Steve, Zach's brother, said they were getting stir crazy staying in the house because of all the snow. Dinner was great and then the kids wanted to come over to our apartment and play with Mos so they came back with Zach and I....and ended up spending the night! Not exactly romantic but we gave their parents and unexpected night alone and they are great kids so we had fun playing with Mos and Wii Super Mario Brothers and Guitar Hero.

Hana, Cole and Bentley....and me on the computer!


Bentley and Hana rockin' out...




Mos was pooped!


Sunday Steve and Young came over and we all had breakfast and then they headed back to Annapolis. Zach and I left to go pick up our wedding invitations!!!! I was super excited to see them and feel in love instantly!!! They are everything I thought they would be and more! Now I can't wait to get them addressed and sent out! Last night was spent watching the Olympics! I really love the Olympics and it is the best form of reality TV....all the personal stories are great and even though the winter events aren't my favorite I find myself watching every night.

I also got some great news today....Kleinfelds called and MY DRESS IS IN!!!!! I wasn't expecting it in for another month but it's here! I have to make my fitting appointment and I am so excited to see it again and try it on.

5 more weeks of medical school!!

No comments: