Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Too Long :/

Well residency started and thus the blogging failed....sorry to the 3 people who read this...including my mother!

Zach and I have been busy, busy, busy here in Morgantown! Life as a resident is definitely different than life as a student! My first month I was on Labor and Delivery during the day and then August was a month of night float where I worked 6pm-8am Sunday-Thursday. Needless to say my whole schedule was backwards. You feel like you lose your life for a whole month. This month is much better with more "office hours." But there is still weekend call and reading and presentations to prepare for.....it never ends! But I love it and have met some great people. I miss my med school friends like crazy but we're all staying in touch as best we can....

Zach is doing some amazing work in the backyard and when it is finished I'll post before and after pictures. I truly married a talented man! He basically ripped everything up and started from scratch...last Friday we laid sod and it made a world of difference!

We are both on vacation next week and are headed to SC to see mom and Steve. We are going to go the Georgia/Arkansas game on Saturday and I can't wait!!!! I'm hoping they play TONS better than they did this past Saturday but I haven't been back for a game since I graduated and Zach has never been. I've tried to explain an SEC game in the south to him but it's something you have to experience!

On a sad note mom and Steve are moving to Wisconsin in 2 months :( It is great for Steve because he got a huge job promotion but mom isn't thrilled it's in Horicon Wisconsin...yuck! I loved going back to the south to visit them and going to the midwest just wont' be the same....hopefully it's only temporary for a couple of years and then they can head back to NC or SC for good!

That's all for now....it's hard to update 2 months in 1 post so I probably wont' even attempt it, but I'll try to do better in posting from here on out....even if all I do is work!

1 comment:

Monica said...

I read your blog too! Found it one day while looking around on blogger- follow me back if you like :)