Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tournament Time!

I LOVE the Masters! In my opinion it is the single greatest sporting event. And golf isn't my favorite sport. The reverence, the beauty, the prestige of the course and it's history is breathtaking. We moved to Augusta in 1997 and I never really understood "it" until I was there. I worked in the golf shop on the course during the tournament in high school and even though it was only for 1 week out of the year, it was an amazing job. To be able to walk on the course before anyone else at 7 in the morning and feel like you have literally stepped into a piece of heaven is unbelievable! It should definitely be on everyone's bucket list if you you don't love golf. The beauty is that amazing and the peacefulness is overwhelming at times.

I love the way ESPN handles the coverage, like a gentle, precious piece of glass if they are not delicate in their voice and careful with their words. They praise and are so respectful of the course and it's history and it's place in the golfing world. There is no better place to be on a Sunday afternoon than on your couch listening to the commentators and the "masters" music...unless of course you were lucky enough to have tickets! And I'm not ashamed do say that I am cheering for Tiger this weekend. Despite his personal life crisis, golf is better when he plays. He is dynamic, emotional, mentally tough and the best golfer in the PGA. Regardless of his moral and ethical choices (which I definitely DO NOT agree with!), you can't help but admire the way he approaches the game of golf.

I'm off to Chicago tomorrow for a friend's wedding...but I'll be home in time Sunday to find my place on the couch for 5 great hours of championship Sunday at the Masters!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written, Krystal. Have a safe and enjoyable visit to the Windy City. Love....Dad