Thursday, April 1, 2010

House Hunting

It really isn't as fun as I thought it would be :( The cost of living in WV is definitely lower than Baltimore but since Morgantown is a college town, it isn't as low as the rest of the state. Also since there is always such a high turnover in housing there, the architecture and homes really aren't that great :( There are tons and tons of townhomes available but Zach and I really want a single family home with a yard for Mosley. Then there is the question of location and type of home. I don't have a problem driving 10-15 minutes to get to the hospital but Zach has been so spoiled by where we live in Baltimore that he doesn't want a commute AT ALL!! With that being said, all the character, older homes that we like are in a part of Morgantown where there is a higher traffic flow. Granted traffic is relative especially coming from a city, but Morgantown has no major roads so it is all small city roads that have stoplights and aren't conducive for college traffic sometimes.

Then there is price....Zach and I are somewhat at odds over this. Again, if you go 10-15 minutes outside the city you can get alot more for you money! I don't want our mortgage to be more than we pay in rent right now....

I also think I am sick of looking at places on the internet. Zach has every house memorized he has looked so much! I get bored on the internet and really just need to SEE the houses! We are planning a trip for the weekend of the 17th and really want to find something before the 30th of April when the homebuyers tax credit expires!!

This is adding alot of stress in our already stressful lives but we are trying to enjoy the process and we are incredibly grateful that we get to do this together and be in an area that we both love!

On a fun note, I had my wedding hair trial run done on Tuesday and it was so fun! We have to tweak the front a little but the back is perfect! Now it's time to pick out music...any suggestions for ceremony music I'm all ears!!!

Headed to NYC again this weekend for the little squirts (Harpers) 1st birthday!!! Can't wait to celebrate with friends again!!!

No comments: